Make Heater Maintenance a Priority this FallNicholson Company
Maintaining your home or business heating system in top operating condition is critical to ensure comfortable interior temperatures throughout the winter months. Knowing when to schedule heater maintenance can prevent unexpected breakdowns and hefty repair bills. A preventive maintenance agreement from a professional heating and cooling company can help you keep your HVAC system in optimal running condition to prolong its life and reduce the need for emergency repairs.
Benefits of HVAC Maintenance
Regular maintenance of your residential or commercial heating and cooling systems can provide significant benefits:
- HVAC maintenance professionals can identify issues with heat exchangers and other components that can allow carbon monoxide to enter living and working areas. Scheduling regular maintenance visits can protect against this serious threat.
- Performing recommended maintenance on a regular basis can extend the life of your heating and cooling system. By delaying this expense, you can save money for a long-awaited vacation, a college fund or improvements to your family home. Greater longevity for your commercial HVAC system can even improve your profitability and reduce your overhead expenses to a significant degree.
- Unexpected repair bills can present a serious challenge to your monthly budget. By working with an experienced maintenance team, you can reduce these incidents and ensure increased financial stability for your home or business.
- Well-maintained HVAC systems typically use less energy to produce heat. This can reduce your utility bills throughout the year and can allow you to enjoy a few extras every month.
By setting up a preventive maintenance agreement with an experienced and reputable heating and cooling company, you can ensure that your HVAC system provides a warm, welcoming environment even on the coldest winter days.
Maintenance for Heating Systems
During your scheduled heating maintenance visit, your technician will perform a number of necessary tasks, including the following:
- Testing for carbon monoxide and gas leaks
- Inspection of the heat exchanger, blower motor and belt, wiring and all valves
- Cleaning and adjustment of burners, pilot light and dampers
- Inspection and flushing of the condensation drain
- Examination and inspection of safety controls, thermostat and other operating controls
- Checking fan speed, temperature gain and gas pressure during operation
- Testing for combustion safety during operation
- Visual inspection of air ducts and weather stripping
The technician will then discuss his or her findings with you and will provide any recommendations for future service or immediate repairs. In some cases, special offers may be available to reduce the cost of repairs or new installations.
Maintenance Plans from the Nicholson Company
At the Nicholson Company, our Home Essentials Plan provides you with twice-yearly service for your HVAC systems. We also offer commercial maintenance services designed specifically to meet your company’s needs and to ensure optimal comfort in your working environment. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our experienced technicians or to set up a maintenance plan tailor-made for you.